Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wuthering Heights (2011) :: Take Shelter (2011)

:: Wuthering Heights - Andrea Arnold adaptation ::


I went to the cinema this evening to see Andrea Arnold's adaptation of Wuthering Heights. The film was cinematically very beautiful; lots of long looks at Yorkshire moorland and tree branches rattling on the windows in the storm. But, and I suspect this is more due to my mood than anything, I had to leave about 1/2 hour into the film. It really wasn't grabbing me. I was finding it very slow. My mum was really enjoying it so I left her to continue watching.

I saw a BBC Film 2011 review last night and they really liked the film, so I do believe it is just me. From what was mentioned on the TV show last night, the actors who play the young Heathcliff (James Howson) and Cathy (Kaya Scodelario) are not actual trained actors as such (I am now questioning this when reading the IMDb review for Scodelario). This is their first venture into the world of film and acting. For that I am impressed. 

:: :: :: :: :: 

During the trailers I did see advertised a film called Take Shelter.  According to IMDb this is the story of a man

"Plagued by a series of apocalyptic visions, a young husband and father questions whether to shelter his family from a coming storm, or from himself" 

I know this is a film Paul will like, and even more so because two actors from one of our favourite shows are starring in it - Michael Shannon and Shea Whigham - both stars of Boardwalk Empire.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com