Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Book Review :: Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner

Fly Away HomeFly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first read of a book by Jennifer Weiner and I really enjoyed it - so much so I have another couple list on my Xmas list :-)

The story concerns three women - one mother and her two daughters. As the blurb says on the back of the book the girls father, a US Senator, is revealed to have had an affair with a much younger colleague. The mother / wife finds this out live on TV, as do the daughters. The eldest is a Doctor and going through her own unhappiness and seeks solace elsewhere. The younger daughter has her problems but she is recovering from them. All three women face some interesting choices and I enjoyed the twists and turns. I like the characters and felt sympathetic for them. There was one occassion where I did think "that could only happen in a book / film" but otherwise the story seemed plausible.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com